- An open-access copy of the book is available at: https://rd.springer.com/book/10.1007/978-3-030-59951-5 .
- Email discussions will be archived at https://groups.google.com/g/cogitata?hl=en. Everyone is welcome to join the Google group.
- RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org. RSVP is not necessary, but preferred.
- This event series is hosted by the Club of Remy - Speed Dating of Ideas, a loosely affiliated group of cyberneticians. For more details on the Club of Remy, check out its web site, www.clubofremy.org, or its YouTube channel at
- Each ZOOM session will be recorded and posted in the above-mentioned Club of Remy YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJumBT3J15xhAoNs9CnrSVg/videos.
For the latest version of the schedule, go to https://groups.google.com/g/cogitata?hl=en.
Wed, Dec 15, 2021 - Chapter 1 - Knowledge-based Innovation and Social Coordination.
Commentary by Mark W. Johnson (Cybernetics, Univ. of Liverpool, UK).
Commentary by Andrea Scharnhorst (Senior Fellow, DANS, KNAW, NL)
Wed, Jan 19, 2022 - Chapter 2 - The Communication Turn in Philosophy of Science.
Chapter 3 - Scientific Communication and Codification.
Commentary by Edmundo Balsemão (Philosophy, Univ. de Coimbra, Portugal).
Commentary by Stasa Milojevic (Cognitive Science, Indiana University, Bloomington).
Commentary by Marco Schirone (Univ. of Borås, Chalmers Univ, Sweden).
Commentary by Diana Lucio-Arias (Pontifical Xavierian Univ., Columbia).
Wed, Feb 16, 2022 - Chapter 4 - Towards a Calculus of Redundancy.
Commentary by Inga Ivanova (Complex Systems, HSE Univ., Moscow, Russia).
Commentary by Larry Richards (Mgmt & Engineering, Indiana Univ. East, USA).
Wed, Mar 16, 2022 - Chapter 5 - Evolutionary & Institutional Triple Helix Models.
Commentary by Lucio Biggiero (Org. Science; Univ. of L'Aquila, Italia).
Commentary by Gene Bellinger (Storyteller, SystemsWiki’s Musings, NC, USA).
Commentary by Juzhuo Cai (Mgmt & Business, Tampere Univ., Finland).
Wed, Apr 20, 2022 - Chapter 6 - Regions, Innovations & the North-South Divide in Italy.
Chapter 7 - The Measurement of Synergy.
Commentary by Helen Lawton Smith (Innovation Studies, Birkbeck, London Univ., UK).
Wed, May 18, 2022 - Chapter 8 - Anticipation and the Dynamics of Expectations.
Wed, Jun 15, 2022 - Chapter 9 - Subdynamics in Knowledge-based Systems.
Commentary by Igone Porto Gomez (Engineering & Organization, Univ. de Deusto, Spain).
Commentary by Caroline Wagner (Public Affairs, Ohio State Univ., USA)
Wed, Jul 20, 2022 - Chapter 10 - Cultural and Biological Evolution.
Commentary by Christiane Gebhardt (Drees & Sommer, Zurich, Switzerland)
Wed, Aug 17, 2022 - Chapter 11 - Summary and Conclusions.
(**) Changes in schedule due to Daylight Saving Time (DST) changes:
Please, synchronize with 5pm Paris/Amsterdam/Berlin/Maribor/Ljubljana time.
Note that in March 2022, the USA moves its clocks 1 hour forward two weeks before the EU countries move their clocks forward. Consequently, in March 2022, the ZOOM meeting will start 1 hour later for those residing in the United States at that time:
- Dec 2021 - Feb 2022: 5pm CET (4pm GMT, 11am EST, 8am PST)
- Mar 2022: 5pm CET (4pm GMT, 12pm EDT, 9am PDT)
- Apr - Aug 2022: 5 pm CEST (4pm BST, 11am EDT, 8am PDT)
To find out when DST changes go into effect for your country, visit https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html.
Dr. Mark William Johnson