· Search in Scopus (advanced or basic); for example, the search “affilorg(scimago)” provided us with 77 records on Sep. 9, 2013;
· Make a selection in the result (possibly “All”);
· Click on “Export”;
· Select as Output: “Specialty fields to be Exported”
· Only “Source titles” should be exported;
· Click on “Export”: a file “scopus.csv” is saved; for example, for the 77 records mentioned above;
· Save the file “scopus.csv” in the same folder as the other files; one can paste different output files into a single file, but the routine expects an input file with the name “scopus.csv”. The file should only have a single header line as follows: “Source title,Link”.
· One can now run scopmap.exe in that same folder; preferably from the C-prompt;
· The file “map.htm” contains the overlay for this set to the basemap; for example, this map for the 77 records mentioned above.
Note that map.htm is overwritten in a next run and should be saved elsewhere.
The full basemap is available from here.